Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours on high or 7 hours on low
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2.5 oz turkey pepperoni slices, sliced in half lengthwise (about 35 slices)
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup Pacific® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp basil
- ¾ tsp red pepper flakes
- Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker and sprinkle tops with black pepper.
- Add pepperoni and olives to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and dried basil.
- Pour tomato paste mixture over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on high or 7 hours on low.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a fork.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and mix well with remaining liquid.
- To serve, place ¾ cup of chicken mixture on a plate, drizzle with additional liquid and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
Per Serving: (1 cup)
Calories from fat: 78
Saturated Fat: 2g
Copyright 2015 SkinnyMom.com