Prep†time: 15 minutes
Cook†time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1/2 green pepper + filling
- 2 large green peppers, halved lengthwise + seeded
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon less sodium taco seasoning
- ¼ cup tomato salsa
- ¼ cup Sargento® Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- reduced fat sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- diced avocado
- hot sauce
- Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice
- *Optional toppings are not included in nutrition calculations.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and the seasoning to the turkey and stir.
- Add salsa. If meat seems too dry, add a little more. Turn heat to low when turkey is heated thoroughly.
- Add cheese and mix well.
- Cut green peppers in half, top to bottom. Cut a semicircle around the stem and remove the stem and seeds in one cut. Or leave the stems on like in the photo, up to you!
- Repeat until you have four halves.
- Place halves two at a time in boiling water for 35 minutes. The “skin” will lose a little brightness after the cook. (Beware, the peppers are slippery tongs are helpful!)
- Place peppers in a baking dish open side up and fill with your meat mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Place on plates and sprinkle with the toppings of your choice.
Per Serving (1/2 green pepper + filling):
Vitamin A: 3%
Vitamin C: 0%
WWP+: 3 points
Copyright 2015 SkinnyMom.com