Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 68 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
Serving size: 1 omelet
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white, beaten
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon red onion, diced
- ½ Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- pinch salt, to taste
- pinch black pepper, to taste
- Heat small skillet (6inch) over medium low heat. Add the oil, onion, tomato, and spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until onions soften and the spinach has wilted. Remove the cooked vegetables from the skillet and reserve on a plate.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and pour the beaten eggs, seasoned with salt and black pepper. Allow the egg to set for about 30 seconds.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the edges of the egg on all sides, then tilt the skillet upwards slightly. Pull the eggs upwards towards the center of the skillet, allowing the uncooked egg to run down to the exposed skillet walls.
- Repeat this action until nearly all of the uncooked egg, becomes cooked. The egg will take about 23 minutes to cook before filling it.
- While the egg is still slightly uncooked, add the reserved cooked vegetables, Feta cheese, and basil to one side and fold the other side over to cover the filling. Cook for an additional 1 minute to melt the cheese and finish cooking the inside.
- Slide the omelet out onto a plate and serve immediately.
Per Serving: (1 omelet)
Calories from fat: 102
Saturated Fat: 4g
Copyright 2015 SkinnyMom.com